Samuel Bryan Chapter DAR’s efforts center around our Society’s mission of promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing education for our children.
We are proud to participate in our community in a number of ways related to our mission. We have won several awards for our service. Here are a few of the projects we have completed and our current activities.
Welcoming new citizens at the naturalization ceremonies in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Genealogy Research Assistance – Beech Grove Library
- Girl Scout Genealogy Class
- Bell Cemetery Restoration Project
Flag Etiquette Seminars
Flag Retirement Ceremony
Sarah Bolton Park – Beech Grove, Indiana
Supporting our men and women in service through donations of food items, cards, and letters.
Samuel Bryan Chapter promotes the study of American history in our schools. The chapter gives awards and certificates to students who participate in our essay contest on various topics in American history.
Commemorative Events – Remembering the Past
- Spirit of 1945 Day
- Vietnam Veteran 40th Anniversary Recognition
- Vietnam Records Search – Indiana Deceased Veterans
- John George, Drummer boy for George Washington – Dedication Ceremony
- Ten Year Commemoration of 9-11
- Samuel Bryan Chapter 25th Anniversary Tea
Constitution Week – September 17 – 23
Bells Across America
DAR Good Citizens
Samuel Bryan Chapter promotes the education of our children by recognizing a deserving high school senior in the Perry Township area.
Tamassee DAR School
A field trip is on the agenda each year to historical sites:
- West Baden Hotel, French Lick, Indiana
- Little Orphan Annie Grave Site, Philadelphia, Indiana
- James Whitcomb Riley Home, Indianapolis, Indiana
- USS Indianapolis Memorial, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Madonna of the Trail, Richmond, Indiana
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park